TortoiseSVN is a free opensource Apache Subversion (SVN) client, implemented as a windows shell extension.
TortoiseSVN is a free opensource Apache Subversion (SVN) client, implemented as a windows shell extension. It's intuitive and easy to use, since it doesn't require the Subversion command line client to run. Simply the coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control!
Features of TortoiseSVN:
Easy to use:
* all commands are available directly from the windows explorer.
* only commands that make sense for the selected file/folder are shown. You won't see any commands that you can't use in your situation.
* See the status of your files directly in the Windows explorer
* descriptive dialogs, constantly improved due to user feedback
* allows moving files by right-dragging them in the windows explorer
All Subversion protocols are supported:
Powerful commit dialog:
* integrated spell checker for log messages
* auto completion of paths and keywords of the modified files
* text formatting with special chars
The big picture:
* Can create a graph of all revisions/commits. You can then easily see where you created a tag/branch or modified a file/folder
* Graphs of commit statistics of the project
* Easy comparing of two branches or tags
Per project settings:
* minimum log message length to avoid accidentally committing with an empty log message
* language to use for the spell checker
Integration with issue tracking systems:
TortoiseSVN provides a flexible mechanism to integrate any web based bug tracking system.
* A separate input box to enter the issue number assigned to the commit, or coloring of the issue number directly in the log message itself
* When showing all log messages, an extra column is added with the issue number. You can immediately see to which issue the commit belongs to.
* Issue numbers are converted into links which open the webbrowser directly on the corresponding issue
* Optional warning if a commit isn't assigned to an issue number